Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Thoughts on The Canterlot Royal Wedding

I apologize for my lack of updates of late, as I have been busy "studying".

Well, it's finally come to the conclusion of Season 2 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and might I say: I was not disappointed.  If you have not already watched it, I strongly recommend you do so before continuing reading this rant.


First of all, let me say from experience as the youngest of four, this is not how the sibling dynamic works.  I no longer feel pain in most of my body as the result of my childhood experiences; I don't have a clue from where this "we never had a fight" nonsense comes.  But this song will be stuck in my head forever... forever.

 Now, it's been about twelve hours since I saw the episode, and I have yet to see Shining Armor or Cadence shipped with anyone, meaning the show may have created its first-ever closed-circuit ship.  Now, for those of you not particularly familiar with the show, I should explain why this is surprising: there are ships for Tom, a literal chunk of rock introduced in the first episode of the season.  Ships, plural.  There are people who think of the relationships of a rock.

And I'm one of them.  TomXBloomburg OTP!

Personally, I will not allow this to stand.  Why not Shining ArmorXBig Macintosh, on the foundation that they are both large-bodied older brothers with visible hooves?  It's not unreasonable.  LyraXBon Bon is almost unanimous, and their link is that they sometimes stand close together.

Alternatively, if you, as I do, demand that the role of "princess" be returned to its original meaning of "sexual bartering chip used to negotiate political influence", then you could consider shipping CadenceXChrysalis or CadenceXDiscord; CadenceXBlue Blood would consolidate power within the family in case Equestria has no need for political connections.  Hey, his blood had to get blue somehow.  This would not be breaking new ground.

As for the story itself: I couldn't help but notice this was the first episode in which the Mane Six display actual combat skills (and I say that because while they have been in fights before, they were always resolved otherwise; namely the manticore and the red dragon).  Twilight Sparkle and Celestia, apparently, have both had massive destructive laser powers this entire time.  Kids' show?

I couldn't be the only person to suspect the Changeling Queen was responsible for Nightmare Moon.  The same voice, the same appearance, the fact that Lauren Faust has said there was "another entity" responsible for her transformation...

And now we wait five months for Season 3.  Buck.  At least we have YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment